How do you select a frame that enhances your appearance? This can be the most fun and challenging portion of investing in a pair of glasses. Selecting the appropriate eyewear depends on YOU, the image you wish to present, and how you will use them.
Are your glasses mainly used for:
- Career/Professional reasons
Your eyewear should always reflect your personal style whether it is “conservative” or “fashion-forward.”
Skin Tone and Hair Color
Your eyewear should complement overall skin tones. Determine if you have a warm (golden) or cool (blue or pink) skin tone. Then, look below for the frame colors that best complement your skin tone.
Frame Color Cues
|To complement warm complexions (golden or “peaches and cream” undertones), consider:
||To compliment cool complexions (blue-pink or “blush of youth” undertones):
Eye and hair colors also influence your frame color.
- Brown eyes and darker hair can wear a broader range of more vivid colors.
- Blue eyes and lighter hair should choose lighter, more delicate colors.
- Gray or white hair also will look better with more delicate colors.
Tips for All Faces and Features
- Brow: Frames should follow the line of the brow but not cross it. Frames should not be noticeably higher or lower than the brow line.
- Eyes: As much as possible, be certain that the eyes are centered in the lenses.
- Width: Eyeglasses should be at least as wide as the widest part of the face.
- Eyebrows: If you have heavy eyebrows, thicker, darker frames will provide balance.
- Hair: If you prefer a blended look, your eyewear should not be darker than your hair color.
- Proportion: The size and weight of the frame should match your proportion and weight, except when dramatic or strong looks are desired.
Come by today, or call to speak with Dr. Cockrell,Dr. Miller or one of our helpful team members about your desired look! We are always happy to offer suggestions to satisfy your needs.
Contact us today at (405) 372-1715.